1. Centre Background: The University Grants Commission, New Delhi, vide its Lr. No. F.3-2/2007(SCT) dated 23rd February 2007, have sanctioned the Scheme for Establishment of Centre for Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy under the X Plan for five years for implementation at the University of Hyderabad. The Centre has the following objectives and functions:
2. Aims and Objectives:
Formulating policies for protecting the rights of these groups and eradicating the problem of exclusion and discrimination.
The type of intellectual activities that the Centre will be engaged in includes:
3. Teaching and Research: The courses and syllabus which the Centre offers are:
4. Areas of Research:
A) Education of Children of Scavenging Community, Dalit Movement in Andhra Pradesh, Rural Governance and Economic Reforms in AP. Media and Public sphere, dynamics of caste politics in India.
B) It includes in the fields of Gender, Disabled Studies, Dalits, Tribal's, and Children at high risk.
C) Primary education, community participation, policy studies and looking to explore mainly on the larger area of interest for research in issues related to tribal studies.
D) Social movements, Politics and Public Policy.
E) Different kinds of Exclusion like social, financial, health, educational and role of inclusive policy in this regard.
F) Child Labour (A socially excluded section in the society)
5. Emerging Research areas of focus: Trafficking a women, Girl Child and disabled children. Research in issues related to, Disabled Studies, Dalitsand tribal studies.
6. Programmes: M.Phil and Ph.D Programmes are introduced
7. Future Programmes:
8. Community Outreach and Networking: To Network with Research institutions, Universities and NGOs such as Centre for Dalit studies, Nandi Foundation, Centre for World Solidarity and the alike.
Dr. Sreepati Ramudu
Centre for the Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive policy
School of Social Sciences
University of Hyderabad
Phone: +91-40-23133082 (office);
Fax: +91-40-2301 0147