About HRDCBuilding HR capacities for the future
Identified as National Resource Centre (NRC)
Ranked I in South India, 4th in India
Online Refresher Course, Research Methodology
Huge collection of 4000 books
State-of-the-art for teaching/learning
Access through SWAYAM & Moodle
Prof. Y. Narsimhulu
Specialisation: Non-linear Differential Equations, Differential systems
Research Focus: Mathematics, Higher Education, Human Resource Management, ICT in Education, Educational Management
S. Sudhakar Babu, Ph.D
Associate Professor, UGC-HRDC, University of Hyderabad
Specialisation: Public Policy, Equality of Opportunities and Dalit Studies, Public Policy for Good
Governance, Policy Studies, Civil Society, Training and Higher Education.
Research Focus: Training, Higher Education and Literacy.
Established in 1987, as a major initiative in augmenting quality in Higher Education, the UGC promoted 66 Academic Staff Colleges. In continuation of knowledge enhancement, new strategies of governance for the promotion of innovations and creativity, the XII Plan guidelines have been proposed to transform the existing academic staff colleges into Human Resource Development Centres. In view of this change, the Academic Staff College is now called UGC- Human Resource Development Centre (HRDC).
The strength of this unit lies in the University of Hyderabad that houses 12 Schools, 46 Departments, and approximately 400 faculty in different disciplines that include Humanities, Social Sciences and Sciences. University is rated the best among the Indian Universities by Ministry of Human Resource and Development (MHRD).
The university faculty is well trained/experienced both in teaching and research, and many of them earned national and international recognition. The faculty generates a very high amount of extramural research grant. Science Departments, especially, have all the latest equipment to pursue the research in upcoming and established areas of research.
The University has an excellent library, instrumentation and computer facilities. In addition to having access to all these excellent infrastructural facilities of the University, HRDC has a good library of its own with 3780 books, several journals and magazines and a good computer laboratory with 50 systems which provides hands-on experience on MS Word, Power Point, Web Design, SPSS, e-Content, Wikipedia. MOOC and MOODLE to participants.
Workshop on Problem Solving & Programming with Python has been rescheduled to 03.08.2020 to 08.08.2020
- Due to overwhelming response, the registration for Refresher Course on Research Methodology is stopped from today that is 13.07.2020 at 5 PM. Participants are advised not to register anymore for this Refresher Course Programme.
- The registration for Short Term Program on Gender Sensitization is closed on 13.07.2020 at 5 PM. No more registrations will be accepted.
- The registrations for Refresher Course on Information and Computer Technology and Refresher Course on Management and Commerce are stopped from today that is 15.07.2020 at 5 PM. Participants are advised not to register anymore for these Refresher Course Programmes.
- The registrations for Short Term Program on Academic Writing and Short Term Program on Leadership Development Program are stopped from today that is 17.07.2020 at 5 PM. Participants are advised not to register anymore for these Short Term Programs.
- The registrations for Short Term Program on Disaster Management and Workshop on Problem Solving and Programming with Python are stopped from today that is 22.07.2020 at 5 PM. Participants are advised not to register anymore for these Short Term Programs.