Central Instruments LaboratoryState-of-art sophisticated analytical instruments, all in one place
Dr. Syed Maqbool Ahmed
Principal Scientific Officer
Tel: 9140 23132662, 23010234
E-mail : email@example.com
The Central Instruments Laboratory (CIL) is a central facility for sophisticated instruments established in 1979.
Central Instruments laboratory (CIL) is a central facility with state-of-art sophisticated analytical instruments to cater to the needs of the faculty and research scholars in the University.
The primary instruments of CIL are in the field of Scanning Electron Microscopy, Confocal Microscope, Spectroscopy (X-Rays, UV-VIS-IR), Spin Resonance studies, Vibrating Magnetometer.
The CIL staff are responsible for managing Advanced Electronics, Spectroscopy (radiation/particles), Microprocessor based Instrumentation, maintenance of sophisticated analytical instruments and teaching advanced courses in Electronics and Instrumentation.
Currently the following facilities are available to the users:
- Scanning Electron Microscope
- Circular Dichroism (CD) Spectropolarimeter
- X-ray Diffarctometer (XRD) (Philips: PW1830
- Confocal Laser Scanning Microscope (Leica TCS SP2)
- Electron Spin Resonance (ESR) Spectrometer (JEOL: JES-FA200)
- Vibrating Sample Magnetometer (Lakeshore 665)
- Fluorescence Spectrophotometer (Hitachi: F-3010 )
- Amino Acid Analyzer (Shimadzu Detector-RF10AXL; column CT0-10AVP)
- Protein Sequencer (Shimadzu PPSQ-21A)
- Differential Scanning Calorimeter