The university administration has decided to suspend classes in the wake of a notification by the Telangana Government ordering all educational institutions to remain closed until March 31, 2020.
The University will review the situation before deciding on the next course of action. It has asked for strict compliance on its latest notification from all stakeholders.
- Academic activity (including classes, tests/ examinations) shall remain suspended until March 31, 2020 and students are strongly advised to return home in their own interest.
- All students, teaching, non-teaching staff including out-sourced staff shall take adequate precautions as issued from time to time by the authorities.
- All Conferences/ seminars, workshops, cultural activities, meetings etc., on the campus during the above period stand cancelled.
- Hostel services will be limited to only basic mess facility and will be available in few hostels for those students who want to stay back in hostels. However, such students should observe the following::
- Not allow any outside guests in the hostels.
- Not allow outside food deliveries to the campus.
- Each hostel should form a volunteer committee to monitor compliance of the preventive measures being issued from time to time. They should keep in touch with the core COVID-19 team of the UoH.
- Avoid gathering in the hostels.
- All common facilities such as Library, gym, yoga etc. will remain closed.
- All UoH hostellers/residents are advised to take necessary precautions and observe guidelines related to COVID-19 issued by the UoH and Government agencies from time to time.
- Stakeholders with travel history to any COVID-19 affected country or in contact with such persons in last 28 days are strongly advised to inform In-charge Chief Medical Officer (CMO) so that they can be monitored and taken care of.
- It is encouraged to form volunteer group of the stakeholders to assist the core team constituted for COVID-19, besides the administration in awareness campaign, to assist in cleanliness, taking care of affected persons etc.
- All faculty members, officers and staff shall continue to attend to their duties and responsibilities.