With a view to encourage good performance in studies, the University has instituted several donor medals. These include the following:
1. Sarojini Naidu Memorial Trust - M.A. English
2. Roopchand Chajed (Jain) Medal - M.A. Hindi
3. Dr. Prakash Moonis Memorial Medal - M.A. Urdu
4. M/s. Jindal Jubilee Gold Medal - M.A. Economics
5. Andhra Bank Medal - M.A. History
6. Canara Bank Medal - M.A. Communication
7. Natarajaramakrisha Sharada Devi Medal - M.P.A. Dance
8. Sri S.L. Parasher Medal - M.F.A. Painting
9. M/s. Jindal Jubilee Gold Medal - M.Sc Maths
10. M/s. Narosa Publishing House Medal - M.Sc Maths
11. A.P. Mahesh Bank Medal - M.C.A.
12. Bhagwat Saran Agarwal Memorial Medal - M.Sc Physics
13. Vasavi Academy of Educational Medal - M.Sc Electronics
14. Vasavi Academy of Educational Medal - M.B.A.
15. Prof. V.V. Sarma Memorial Medal - M.Sc Chemistry
16. Prof.A.N. Radhakrishna Memorial Medal - M.Sc Biochemistry
17. K.L.N. Reddy Medal - M.Sc Plant Science
18. Kiran Kumar Medal-M.Sc Animal Science
19. The Burhani Trust A.P. Medal-M.Sc.Biotechnology
20. State Bank of Hyderabad Medal-M.Tech C.S
21. Alekhya Technology Medal-M.Tech A.I.
22. Mannapalli Subbaramaiah Medal- Over all for M.Tech CS/AI/IT
23. Smt.N.V.Ranganayakamma Medal-M.Phil Physics
24. Prof. G.C. Jain Medal- M.Phil Urdu
25. Roopchand Chajed (Jain) Medal-M.Phil Hindi
26. President of India Medal - Overall peprformance (Bienially)
27. Pingali Mohan Reddy Medal - Overall performance in PG in Life Sciences
28. Alumini Medal - M.A. Anthropology (for a topper in Social Anthropology subject)
29. Akhtar Hassan Memorial Medal - M.Phil. Urdu
30. IDRBT Medal - M.Tech. I.T.
31. Dr.(Mrs.) Sheela Raj Memorial Medal - M.Phil or Ph.D. History (if the student get Ph.D in any particular year
Donor Medals for Women toppers
32. Smt. Ravuri Kantamma Bhardwaja Medal - M.A. Telugu
33. State Bank of India Medal- M.A. Economics
34. A.P. History Congress Medal- M.A. History
35. Prof. G. Ram Reddy Memorial Medal- M.A. Political Sci.
36. Prof. M. Shakuntala Memorial Medal- M.Sc Physics
The toppers in the remaining Master’s degree Courses are awarded the University Medals.
The University has instituted medals for securing the first rank with first class among the SC/ST students in various examinations at Master's degree level in the year 1991 - the birth centenary of Bharat Ratna Dr. B.R. Ambedkar. For the award of the above medals, the topper in the subject concerned should secure first division in the degree and pass all the examinations within the prescribed duration in first attempt. The marks obtained in supplementary/ improvement examination shall not be taken into account.
President of India Medal
President of India Medal will be awarded bi-annually for a PG student for overall performance to be adjudged as the best for general proficiency including character, conduct, excellence in academic, and other extra and co-curricular activities viz., a) sports activity, (b) cultural activity, (c) participation in debates, seminars and similar activities, (d) participation in NSS, blood donations camps, etc., (e) participation in literacy drive and non-formal education, and (f) leadership which includes representation on students union, mess secretary etc. For this, a weight age of 70% will be given for academic performance after normalization and 30% for other activities. The students must provide the information to the HoDs/Deans for this purpose with documentary evidence from time to time or before they leave the University on completion of the course.
University Medal for Physically Challenged Students
The University instituted a medal for the meritorious student from amongst the physically challenged category from P.G. Courses. This will be awarded annually at the Convocation. The selection procedure for this award will be similar to that of the President of India Medal.